sōlo seven with Alicia Superina
Introducing the newest addition to the journal; sōlo seven. The sōlo woman is bold, determined and not afraid to put herself first. She protects her energy and prioritises self care in order to be the very best for those close to her, as they say “you can’t pour from an empty cup”. There’s a bit of her in all of us - you just need to embrace her. sōlo seven will see us get to know the women who aren’t afraid to go sōlo and discover what makes them tick.
Creative director, mum, friend, sister, wife - the many hats I wear on a daily basis and I know I’m not alone. It’s International Women’s Day and what a better way to celebrate all the women doing incredible things on the daily. I’m a true believer in the importance of taking care of yourself especially when you’re going to be taking care of others also. My love for how exercise makes me feel truly was the driving force behind sōlo. It’s the one hour of the day that’s just for me and I’m all about looking as good as you feel.
You can call me; Leesh
If I had my own Morning Show, my first three guests would be:
1) Jennifer Rubio who is the co-founder of the American suitcase brand Away. I have heard her speak before and her story blew me away. So inspiring!
2) Russel Brand - I'll never forget the Sunrise interview that Fifi Box had with him. I could watch it over and over again. That was hilarious. He would be great, inappropriate value.
3) Channing Tatum - Yes, I'm guilty of being a Magic Mike fan. Don't hold that against me. This is all about being honest ok.
If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be;
Hands down, the fish tacos from Mrs. Sippy in Bali.
My guilty pleasure is;
Moon Balls from The Source Bulk Foods. Damn they are so good and too conveniently located.
On the front seat of my car right now you will find;
Ollie Twinke’s lead (he’s a Golden Cocker Spaniel) and an empty sunnies case (where are my sunnies? They need to be in there before I break another pair!).
- Every night before bed I; put my clothes for the gym in the bathroom so when my alarm goes off at 4:30am I'm not waking up the whole house.
- My favourite kind of exercise at the moment is:
Heart rate based interval training at Orangetheory. I particularly love the running station. I also love building all the little muscles using the reformer machines at KX Pilates. A mix of the two is perfect for me. If there is music pumping, I’m there!
- If I had one extra hour of free time a day, I would use it by:
Jumping into bed and turning on Netflix because these days I never get the opportunity to watch TV or at least something that I want to watch (kids hey!).